We are hiring: Program Associate
JA Bulgaria is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individual for the role of Program Associate with a focus on program support and educational content development in the areas of financial literacy and work readiness.
The position will give exposure to some of our key programs, as well as the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders from private sector, educational institutions, and talented youth from all over Bulgaria.
JA Bulgaria is a leading international non-profit organization, member of JA Worldwide and JA Europe. For over 24 years, JA Bulgaria has been preparing young people to own their economic success. Annually, we reach out to over 30,000 high school and university students from 450 locations in Bulgaria.
Our portfolio of educational products and services features programs in 3 thematic areas:
- Financial literacy
- Work readiness/ Employability
JA uses the Progression model “From ABC to PhD” - a spiral approach of education to develop sustainable entrepreneurial competence. JA’s philosophy of teaching and learning is based on learning by doing and blended classroom using digital interactive content.
Our core business model features close collaboration with the private sector and practitioners who participate in the co-creation and delivery of educational content, training, and services, as well as policy development in education and entrepreneurship. Our team strongly believes that entrepreneurial youth are capable to build a happy and prosperous nation.
The successful candidate:
- Holds a university degree in the field of economics, finance, or another related field.
- Ideally has two years of experience in project/program administration and implementation and a demonstrated interest in the public and non-profit sphere.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial approach towards their work and a desire for learning, self-development, and adaptation to innovations.
- Applies an analytical approach to their work and focus on detail.
- Excels in teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Can work independently and show initiative and ability to structure and prioritize his/her work.
- Experience in creating educational content is a plus.
Desired technical skills:
- Comfortable to work with a variety of online platforms and tools
- Confident in using Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, MS Word, Excel) and Google Suite applications and other collaborative tools (JotForm)
- Experience with working with a learning management system - LMS (for example, Moodle) is an advantage
What do we offer:
- Fulltime working contract
- State-of-the-art office, located in the city center of Sofia
- Flexible working hours in physical, hybrid and online environment
- Work in a team that values personal responsibility, hard work and freedom of action
- Opportunity to work on international projects
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in areas of your interest through participation in conferences, training programs and seminars
How to apply?
If you think your expertise and energy meet our expectations, please send us your full application package by October 18 on email@example.com with the subject [Program Associate/Your name]
Your application package should include:
- Short autobiography/CV
- Short Cover Letter, highlighting your qualities and experience you could bring to our organization in relation to our projects and initiatives
- A recommendation letter (optional) in English/Bulgarian from a previous employer, teammate
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview.
You can also share the job offer with a friend who could be interested. See our Facebook post below. Thanks! :)