We are hiring: Program Expert Youth Entrepreneurship
About JA Bulgaria
JA Bulgaria is a leading non-profit organization, member of one of the largest youth-serving networks in the world - JA Worldwide. For 25 years, JA Bulgaria has been building the skills that employers seek and that entrepreneurs need. Annually, we reach out to over 30,000 high school and university students in Bulgaria.
Our portfolio of educational products and services features programs in 3 thematic areas:
- Financial literacy
- Work readiness/ Employability
Our core business model features close collaboration with the private sector and practitioners who participate in the co-creation and delivery of educational content, training, and services, as well as policy development in education and entrepreneurship. Our team strongly believes that entrepreneurial youth are capable of building a happy and prosperous nation.
About the job
Are you JA Bulgaria’s new startup enthusiast?
JA Bulgaria is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individual for the role of Program Expert with a focus on program development and project management in the area of youth entrepreneurship.
The selected individual will contribute to increase the impact of JA Bulgaria’s education programs. At JA, we believe that entrepreneurship can contribute positively to solving humanity’s greatest challenges if the new generation of young entrepreneurs is equipped with a holistic action-oriented sustainability mindset and an appropriate set of practical skills.
Are you devoted to creating and providing those tools to young people?
The position will give exposure to some of our key entrepreneurship programs, as well as the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders from private sector, educational institutions, and talented youth from all over Bulgaria.
The successful candidate:
- Holds a university degree in business, economics, entrepreneurship, educational management, or other related fields
- Experience in working with educators in the Bulgarian education system is a plus.
- Ideally has two years of experience in project/program administration and implementation and a demonstrated interest in the public and non-profit sphere.
- Is fluent in English.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial approach towards their work and a desire for learning, self-development, and adaptation to innovations.
- Applies an analytical approach to their work and focus on detail.
- Excels in teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Can work independently and show initiative and ability to structure and prioritize his/her work.
Desired technical skills:
- High overall digital literacy
- Comfortable to work with a variety of online platforms and collaborative tools
- Confident in using Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, MS Word, Excel)
- Experience with working with a learning management system - LMS (for example, Moodle) is an advantage
- Planning, organization, realization and reporting of diverse educational formats, such as webinars, trainings, initiatives, innovation camps and educational sessions for teachers and students, incl. develops the corresponding administrative and educational materials and collects feedback.
- Internal and external coordination and communication of project activities.
- Everyday communication with different parties and stakeholders, such as teachers, institutional and corporate partners, mentors, and experts.
- Keeping the organizational procedures, processing information and developing the correspondent internal documents, such as reports, proposals, plans, overviews, track records, summaries, etc.
- Processing and adaptation of educational content for different purposes and formats, incl. digitalization into learning management systems and administration of educational profiles.
- Work with educational documentation – syllabuses, curricula, lesson plans.
- Ongoing support to team members in cross functional areas of activity.
What do we offer:
- Fixed 1-year labor contract with an option for permanent position (based on performance)
- State-of-the-art office, located in the city center of Sofia
- Flexible working hours in physical, hybrid and online environment
- Work in a team that values personal responsibility, hard work and freedom of action
- Opportunity to work on and develop international projects
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in areas of your interest through participation in conferences, training programs and seminars
Please apply via our LinkedIn job post >> here
Your application package should include:
- Short autobiography/CV
- Link to a short Video Cover Letter (no longer than 3 minutes), highlighting your qualities and experience you could bring to our organization in relation to our projects and initiatives
- A recommendation letter (optional) in English/Bulgarian from previous employer, teammate
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview.